Reputation management is a broad-spectrum tool to improving your patient satisfaction, and recurring and new patient visits. While there are a number of companies that will help you manage reputation, there are also a number of simple ways you can start encouraging helpful patient reviews today.
- Ask if there is anything else you can help the patient with either that day or to improve their overall health
- Ask your patients if all their questions and concerns are answered
- Ask your patients to leave a review before you end the visit
- Assign a staff member to ask for and track reviews
- Ensure the patient has a person they can easily contact for follow-up questions
- Include links on your website, appointment reminder cards, and on business-card size takeaways in each treatment room
- Make eye contact and listen during the appointment
- Provide customer service training to every staff member and recognize when a staff member excels
- Regularly evaluate the patient experience and seek to improve under-achieving areas (e.g. wait time, patient confusion, environment, etc.)
- Follow-up with patients that you know have had positive experiences
Taking Control of Your Online Reputation
Today, patients and customers have more power than ever before. Their doing research before even making an appointment to ensure they are not only receiving the best care their insurance covers, but also that other patients feel the physician visit was worth their time.
By taking simple steps to track and manage your reputation, and continually keeping an eye on improving the patient experience, you will ensure better ratings and help you grow your practice.
Ready to begin your career in locum tenens? Contact a recruiter today.