Happy NP Week to more than 248,000 nurse practitioners who provide patient-centered, accessible, high-quality health care to millions of patients nationwide.
In a population that is aging, with baby boomers becoming seniors in growing numbers over the next 10 years, the role of NPs are becoming even more crucial to our healthcare landscape. Focusing not only on diagnosing and managing acute and chronic illnesses, NPs integrate health promotion, disease prevention, counseling and patient education to help patients understand their complete health picture.
Did you know?
- 22 states and the District of Columbia have granted full practice authority to NPs. Click here for more info on NP Scope of Practice Laws
- NPs hold prescriptive privileges, including controlled substances in all 50 states and D.C.
- 8% of NPs have graduate degrees, as well as advanced education and clinical training beyond their registered nurse preparation.
- The majority of NPs see three or more patients per hour.
- You can read a Q&A with one of our NPs here
We make the right connections
NEXTLocums is proud to connect travel NPs to facilities in need of qualified staffing solutions.
If you are in an NP interested in pursuing a travel position, check out our available jobs now by clicking the button below.
If you are a facility in need of NP staffing coverage, click the link below to connect with an advanced practitioner staffing expert.